Thursday 31 January 2013

20!

Hi

Today went mountain climbing with the mountain climbing group, then dragged my mom along with Jenny* (aka Jing wen) and Kai* and went with them to Yilan (hour drive) to eat and have tea.

Mountain climbing...since my Auntie and Uncle are away, I became the head of the train. Ohohoho. Ahh the feeble self-confidence in athleticism  one can temporarily gain when living in a month in a country where 80% of the girls don't do any exercise at all. >D

Breakfast
Looking from the mountain afar

Looking up at the trail

An abnormally long biscuit that Jenny brought (wrist to  elbow)

So I did that bit of exercise, then went back, picked up mom, then went out to Yilan for lunch and afternoon tea. Kai is a really big fan of this place at Yilan so he went out of his way to drive us.

I really like Kai and Jenny. Like just their personas are really bubbly and bright and helpful, and they are really lovely people. I would probably view Jenny as a sort of a role model; she's honest, helpful, considerate enthusiastic, smart, outgoing, always has something to say...etc etc. I reckon whoever is her husband is a freaking lucky guy to meet such a positive girl.

Anyway yeah, so we went to this Jap restaurant. My mom ordered a set meal and I ordered a salmon rice, which was a bit of salmon on top of a way too big bowl of rice.

Jenny and Kai ordering
Quadselfie shot courtesy of Kai's long arm

Their tea; aka matcha

Homemade tofu with mackerel and savory sauce
Tuna and Salmon sashimi

My rice with a built in chopstick holder
Soft shelled crab
Jenny's rice triangle

Mushroom chicken soup
Sweet caramel pudding
So filling. It was nice, but Jenny had a vegetarian set, which was all mushrooms. It was kinda funny, Kai and I started paying her out.


Then afterwards we went to Kai's favorite tea place, which is stylized after one of those Japanese tatami places with sliding doors that you hang your feet off the side towards the outside. I reckon their food was kind of average (although I don't know about the cake, that was Jenny's), but their coffee was a bit too hot, and rather bitter.



Jenny's cake

Latte...not that pretty top xD
Dried bean curd
Those selfies



Yay nice outside spot

Got bit by a mosquito whilst snoozing. Zzz.

But yeah, then afterwards I fell asleep in the car, and then got dropped off at dance. I really liked the teacher for this dance! He looks Japanese, but his style had so much power. One of the guy students had stars in his eyes after the first 16 counts:


I hope I've improved. :o I can't wait to get back to dance in Brisbane...and I hope I'll have enough time and energy to keep it up with studies. Like I'm almost doing dance class everyday here...at first it was tiring, but now it's something to look forward to everyday.

Oh yeah, the girl in the far right corner was good, but she has one of those...pretty girl auras. Maybe it's my instinct to find her annoying, but make-up to class. O.o'' And I saw her hitting on one of the guys...lololol.

I wanna learn more routines!!

And I had a loooonnggg listening session about my cousin's boyfriend and everything they get up to. The first 30 minutes is interesting but it never ends. ._.

Night~~



No comments:

Post a Comment