Sunday 27 January 2013

15

Ni hao ma?
Night markets...mmm.
--

Today woke up at 11:30. Slept so well. Then went off to dance class. As I'm trying to use up more of my dance classes, I've been exposed to more teachers. The class today was Girls hiphop, which I though would have been a more slutty hip hop, but turns out it was a more...detail sort of hip hop? Like sort of shuffling and heel toe moves, and lot of little things. It was really hard, but really refreshing to normal hip hop.

I'm kind of annoyed that I didn't record it because some other girl asked me to record for her on her phone before I could pick up my camera. I said yes but not next time. Hmph. I want to practice the routine this teacher does because it's so cool and different, but really hard.

--

Then my dad and I went to Ximending, which is like the young adolescent sort of area with ruder shopkeepers and lots of young people. Also, most of the merchandise is sold in many shops and slightly overpriced, thus it's easy to haggle a little bit. I'm still learning how to, but I managed to cut off 40 dollars off a belt that I bought, but I'm sure I could have cut off more if I tried harder. >>

Chips!

Sausages

Bleh fringe

We ate a lot of random food. Like we had fries, sausages, and cherry tomatoes with dried plums. (So good).  Oh, I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but the Taiwanese are a group of people who love lining up for things; the more people lining up for something, the more enticing it appears. So naturally, my dad and I decided to line up at this one noodle shop that had a hoard of people standing outside eating; it was that good. We bought a bowl; it was good, though I don't know if to the appeared standard.

People standing up eating outside shop
Soft tender noodles

Tomato and plum


I also bought a pair of potentially ugly yet stylish dancing pants. xD

--

Then afterwards my dad brought me to two night markets. The first was a food based night market, where I had one of my favourite Taiwanese foods. I don't know what it's called, and I just pointed to it when I ordered it, but it's like a really thin yet stretchy rice paper wrapped around peanut candy powder, and has 3 scoops of light ice cream, and a bit of chinese herb. It's sooo good.

We also had some soup, tofu, and I finally got my takoyaki. =D

Ice dessert

Ice cream dessert
Ice cream dessert wrap 
Mr
Smelly tofu
Takoyaki!

Then afterwards, we went to another night market, shopped, and ate more food.

Preeeetty much.

I wish there were more people online to chat too. xD I feel like I've been cut off from home, and everyone's always too busy gaming or doing whatever, or sleeping to talk to me. :(


Bonus performance we saw today. These guys are amazing...too bad the crowd was pretty stale.



Night !

No comments:

Post a Comment