Sunday 27 January 2013

Day 16

Hi

So today...went out, had lunch, dance class, went to a temple, then went to some Chinese New Years Night market with Dad.

For lunch, we went to the same ramen shop that is kind of close to my dad's work place. We ordered some different ones; my dad ordered a seaweed ramen, which you can guess was full of:

Seaweed Ramen
Then feeling rather full, I headed off to dance class. This time it was an LA style, and this was the first instructor to play a song that I knew (during warm-up), which was Payphone. And he was also the first teacher to not have a song on continuous for warm-up, which was a nice surprise. 

Here's our routine for today, ,instructor in white. He reminds me of some Singaporean guy I know back at home.


Then afterwards, my Dad brought me to a really popular temple to kinda...Asian pray? (aka bai bai -fourth tone-). There were a lot of old obasamas trying to sell us prayer incense, and they seemed really desperate because they were actually giving them out free at the temple anyway. 

Anyway, my dad said to pray for 'ping an', which is like...peace? I wonder if it's because of the family situation, but I did the little bai bai and got a peace card which is now in my bag that I carry around. 


Temple
whee
 Then afterwards, we went to the new years market. It was choc full of people, and there were so many free samples of lots of fried and dried new years foods. A lot of people were also selling like...fish eggs or something? Scallops, shrimp, idk, lots of expensive unappetizing new years food. Then we had dinner at this corner shop, played a round of shot the balloons (hey I actually hit quite a few >D), and then now I'm back at my Auntie's house.

Night market fun. Pop!
Dinner. 
Roast pumpkin seed bag
Going to do some courtesy travelling tomorrow. Meeh.
Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment