Wednesday 16 January 2013

Day 5~

Ni hao~

So this morning was another yoga class. Pretty much the same thing...the cross legged stretch is really painful for the back of the feet though.

Breakfast was bread from the bakery. The custom in Taiwan is to...er...not eat bread baked fresh on the day. It's pretty much the opposite from home. Most people buy bread at night and eat it for the next morning. It emphasizes the sort of night-life in Taiwan~ Sleep late, eat late. Which also contradicts my Auntie's don't eat after 6 lifestyle because Taiwan people are pretty skinny and healthy, even though there are hoards of them eating out at night. Yay for shops that close at 10pm. :3 Although I think the bread in plastic tastes a lot more moist than the open bagged ones.

Some weird cranberry bread
Soft and squishy sultana bread
One of my Auntie's students is a pro optometrist, as well as her brother...and her whole family. It was pretty awesome because she taught me how to somewhat use one of their machines (the one that determines the degree of your glasses), and she taught me about the retina pictures and what is healthy and unhealthy. Apparently I see more with my right eye as well, because the did this test where they hold something close to your eye, and my left eye would stop focusing on it. (Personally, I argue that I didn't want to look at something cross-eyed...hmph! What if they get stuck...)


The optometrists place
Anyway, they seem like really good people. The sister herself is really friendly and easy to talk to, and her brother is pretty cool as well. They really seem like they know what they're doing. I hope they come to Australia, they seem like the type of people one would become a better person from, from hanging out with.
--

Afterwards the brother drove my mom and I to some...pretty boring park thing. My mom loves going to those old sort of...tourist places where you look at random stuff. I was interested at first, then when my mom starts going on about 'hey we should go up the random stairs, while we're here, we might as well walk every meter possible'. I didn't even get my ice cream, and I was slightly grumpy because I was pretty tired from waking up so early. 

More tourist photospots
Mom spotted this nice door
Fam~ =D




Oh yeah, and they also were selling those sort of brain wave sensing gadgets. I've seen the kitty ears before at home, but they had another one behind it that claimed you could 'edit movies with'. I don't know how legit it was, but it looks pretty cool; but overall things are pricey.

Brainwave ears, $2500~ TPE
--

Then afterwards I went home, took a nap and had dinner. My cousin came back~ all the universities in Taiwan are on their winter or Chinese New Years break I think. My cousin is graduating this year in June...feels so surreal how all of my relatives whom I used to roleplay with are all going to have jobs and be in the workforce...no more playing with them. :(

And they both are in relationships. I wonder if the relationship ethic in Taiwan is different. Like I think when someone goes in, they're considering long-term; even to the point of marriage, even if it's the first one? Like I think sort of courting/dating is only for fun...unlike back at home where people may go out for a few weeks just to test it out, then call it quits.

Oh, and she brought home some cream puffs. The cream inside tasted like maccas ice cream, but not as cold. So good. And then afterwards we went to the underground metro mall, and bought some clothes and I bought a fresh milk tea. It was nice, but really bubbly.

Fresh milk tea

Cousin


Chocolate cream puff
Chocolate puff
But yeah. 'Mountain climbing' tomorrow...I think I'll force myself to do the locking class even though I don't want to look like an idiot, and then hanging out with dad and going to celebrate Grandpa's birthday over the weekend. That means lots of food pics to come!

Till tomorrow then~

No comments:

Post a Comment