Sunday 20 January 2013

Days 8 and 9




Hey folks~

So went down to my grandparents place yesterday, and their computer had 5 minute typing lag...so I decided to skip the blogging. xD

So yesterday, left the house pretty early, got some antibiotic cream for my retarded thumb (apparently it's a temperature induced allergy), bought some groceries, and had lunch at the awesome sushi train again. Ahhh aburi salmon.

Classy sushi at it's best.

Mixed platter nigiri and Dad's beer

Then we bought some sashimi from the supermarket for grandpa and took an hour bus down to Chutung. Got there, chatted to the grandparents for a bit, tried to talk grandma out of giving me too much random stuff, showed grandpa my blog (I assumed he wouldn't be able to read it so) and then had Grandpa's bday dinner. Grandma had some sort of chicken soup, we had sashimi, veggies, and sausage and other random little bits of food. Afterwards I shopped at the shoe store next door, and then we had cake. The cake was some taro pudding cake...the cake was really light, however it was pretty dry too. I think the cream overwhelmed it, but it was alright. My grandma has a big sweet tooth so I think she was looking forward to it a lot.

Black chicken soup

Sashimi from the grocery
Grandpa~ 82!
Grandpa is such a poser. 
Taro pudding cake

Taro pudding cake inside
---

Then today we went to this place called Neihu. I think it's a really big tourist attraction spot or something; there were a lot of little trinket shops and sausage stores. Man. I really wanted a Taiwanese sausage, but my grandma wanted to eat at a proper restaurant place, and if I eat anything beforehand I'll regret it. I'm scared of her; she's the type who will pressure you into doing something you don't want to...like eating a lot. T_T.

Grandma, 'You gave me the bottle and not the cups, what to you expect me to do?' to Grandpa when he gave her the sugarcane drink bottle

But yeah, the food we had was traditional Hakka food, so stirfried rice noodles, sour plant soup, chicken, and eggplant. The eggplant was really nice. Although this restaurant was probably one of the more homey ones; the food doesn't look as pretty, but it was still nice, and significantly cheaper.

Crystal chicken
Stir fried tofu and squid




Stir fried rice noodle

Then went back to Taipei, shopped at the computer department store, had some food, then I'm back at my Auntie's house for yoga tomorrow morning. For food, we had some stir fried noodles, soup, and this Taiwanese dish called a 'Ba wan'. I think it's a chewy rice noodle outside with meat, bamboo, and mushroom on the inside; soaked in oil or something. It's quite dense and filling; kinda reminds me of a savoury mochi.

Taiwanese 'Ba wan'

But yeah, that's pretty much it for today. Either I'm tired today and just cbs, but this entry is dominated by photos if you haven't noticed. Motivation to blog tonight is pretty low.

Oh, and my mom wants me to go to some pressure point massage class on friday. zzz. 

Anyway, till next time. 


Side notes:

This is what we call and cake bread. No, it's not a cake that tastes like bread, nor is it a bread that tastes like cake. It's a loaf of bread baked inside a cake. Why? I don't know. Dad likes it...so...good for him. xD

Dad's 'cake bread'
I thought this was a pretty cool bag that was hanging from my grandparent's ceiling.



No comments:

Post a Comment