Thursday 13 December 2012

OptomeTree Beach Day and Work

O nee and I. The water was so nice and warm <3

Hai reader(s)/my own refresh page view~

So yesterday (Weds) uni group and I went to the beach. =D It was really fun and I think the group has really 'developed' (ironic because I kind of view the development group in terms of one of the courses we did last semester). It used to be awkward, but now it's actually pretty fun to hang out with them. =D

Kara was awesome and drove Chris and me to  and it was kind of lucky that our 6th, Chai (aka mum) cancelled so everyone could get a ride home. I feel kind of bad because I'm actually the oldest one of the group but I'm being driven around by younger kiddies...iono, I feel like I should be taking care of them somehow. xD




After finding our free parking location, we started out with just going to the beach and making Chris into Christina the mermaid. Observe below:


Christina beached iz. 
O nee and I proud of our masterpiece. 




















Then we went to the same fish and chips shop that we went to last time with the baddie group and Lisa and co. For some reason it was a lot  busier at the fish and chips shop this time around, and we got utensil and chicken salt service lmao. =D

I swear I took photos of the food...but guess not. lol. Have an awesome of pretty Kara instead. =D

But yeah. Then we went back to the beach and suddenly went hardcore sand sculptures. Had lots of fun. It's
such a good feeling just to create something that you just feel with the mind and express it with your hands....lol Rachael and I were debating sand consistencies. We bought a bucket at a shop...must remember to bring it next time!  In the end, I think for sandcastles, you have to build it as fast as possible, otherwise the sand just dries up and flakes off, and even if you add wet sand or water later, the weight of the wet sand collapses the drier sand below it. 

Instagrammed photo of our masterpiece castle. Muahaha
Sandagator...originated from Chris's dead body attempt? Idk. xD
Lil sis =D 


Staged group photo that makes us looks like tourists/posers. :) 


$2.00 each for cookies and cream ice cream. Delish. 
And then afterwords we went and bought a tub of Connoisseur and plastic cups and spoons and had ice cream in the car like true Asian hobos. (for the other time we bought individual serves and ate it at the beach)

Anyway, one of the highlights of living here is definitely the beach. Good luck for the next 4 years guys!

Things to remember to bring next time we go coast: 
  • sand bucket
  • sand towel
  • ice cream scooper
  • cups, spoons


 -----

Work. 

Had another long shift today. I love the people in the area though. In all honestly, they're really nice people, and the demographics that go through the shop are a good chat and it's good experience. :)

I was about 15 minutes late though because my first bus didn't show up, and then ironically the next bus I wanted to catch left 1 minute early, and then the next bus was 5 minutes late, which added up. I hate the pressure of being late in the morning; I like ample time to set up and mosey around and make sure the shop is nice and tidy before I let customers in. Oh well, it's over now.

Getting in the spirit of holidays

The most stressful part was probably around early morning when I suddenly had a mob of customers, and I had to do some sticker printing; so I had people both waiting on their stickers and to pay for their purchases. I don't know, as a salesperson, I get really stressed and may possibly over appreciate the customer. But compared to my co-worker, I guess I'm not that bad.  Although I do take pride in working hard and doing the best I can to help make sales. :)

Lunch: Was excited for lunch because I bought stuff in advance. The red bean soup on the right was quite nice, not too sweet, although I got hungry 3 hours later, so I wouldn't say it's super filling. :) Hello panda's kept me going before my lunch break, wkwkwk. 

Wheeee that's all for now. Apologies for any spelling errors; I'll slowly go over this entry and fix it up later. Thanks for reading and shall post again soon. =D

No comments:

Post a Comment