Tuesday 25 December 2012

Merry Christmas!

<3 Kazoku desu ne
Merry Christmas Everyone! 

Wow. It's so freaking hot. T_T. I feel like doing stuff but then I don't. Like I even feel like eating ice cream but little part of my head is like, if I eat more ice cream and get more insulation, I'll be even hotter. So no. xD
Am eating a superduper tho. =D
Btw, it's funny watching people playing xbox kinnect. Watching my mom jump around and crouch and shake her butt...lololol.

But yesh, have a look at the Christmas haul this year: 

Afterglow wireless headset =D from Mom and Erica
(review later on in the post)

Xbox Kinnect! (this wasn't really a gift, more of a collaboration purchase from my sister and me. My monies. :d)
I can't wait to play final fantasy on it. =D 

Dinner pics (con'td)

My choice in fabulous napkins and decor
Whale and atashi.  I look weird in this photo. ._.
Coles marinated chicken. Dude this stuff is so good and joocy.  $11.56 for this platter =D 

Christmas dinner. Ham, Chicken, Beef tripe, veggies, corn, and prawns. 



After dinner we played a few games of monopoly deal and I got kinda bored so I started texting people. LOL. I dunno, it's so bad. Sometimes I know I should be like...completely focused on family, but like, sometimes it's so boring. ._./I'd rather chill with my friends.

----

Afterglow Wireless Headset Review: 



Headset fresh out of the package

Design: 8/10
Sound Quality: 7/10
User friendliness: 7/10
Comforty: 7/10

So I got the Wireless Afterglow headset by Pdp. It has a 2 year guarantee and arrived at the games shop yesterday. =D

So the main selling points of the headset is it's durability, cool LED light design, and it's moderate pricing. Bought the headset for $108 on sale (original $138). I do like the design...those shocking blue LEDS are very visually appealing and it's cool how the headset lights up. (Reminds me of the razer keyboards). It has a mute function, 3 modes that emphasize bass, audio, and game sounds, as well has the capability to connect to your xbox or ps3 controller.

It's interesting how the headset is designed, as it draws most of it's strength from the large, thick, flexible strip of plastic that connects the two sides. Underneath is a snug black piece that fits to your head, with the soft side speakers around your ears. The black piece looks a lot more fragile than the plastic piece, but it isn't really exposed to any damage or abrasion, or harassment from the environment and when you're putting them on, so the design is quite clever-> As you can see on the box, it is that flexibility and strength of the plastic that attracted me to this particular headset. With every strength comes a weakness, and the weakness of the plastic would be it's contribution to the overall formality and appearance of the headset; as the headset actually looks slightly cheap with a giant piece of plastic dominating the dorsal. That being said, originally I had a sexy turtle beach headset, and although the audio quality was much nicer, the plastic of the turtle beach reminds me of maybe two or three layers of eggshell. So I decided to try for durability over formal appearance this time.

The microphone on the headset tucks nicely away, and is flexibly and adjustable, and my skype buddies say that the audio quality is fine, although an online review said that the mic quality was like that of a cellphone. The mic changes color in correlation to the 3 settings. However, the ironic part is that the mic is slightly too short for you to be able to see what color the mic is, so even if you do change the setting; you have to strain to see what color it is out of the bottom left corner of your eye.

Box side that describes all the main functoins

Front view
Close up of the side and mic
The usb part of the wireless headset seems alright. It looks like a fine computer chip encased in plastic, and again, the bright blue LED light makes up the main attractiveness of the usb. The only drawback is that the usb looks slightly bulky and it has a wire set underneath it so you can't place it flat on the table-you have to hang it off the tabee; thus more susceptible to being run into or damaged.

The wireless component of the headset is pretty good in terms of audio. I play something on my computer and walk around the to the farthest parts of my house and listen to it. Apparently distance microphone quality  deteriorates exponentially with distance, but I haven't had a situation to test it out so I cannot confirm with that particular online review.

Sound quality is alright, though I do find that the turtle beach headsets offer a fuller, more dimensional sound in comparison.

In terms of user friendliness, the small manual did say the main functions of the wiring and the headset. However, it was not fully detailed; i.e. the colors corresponding to the modes were found on the box, and I am yet to figure out the '3 lighting settings' which are described on the box.

Battery-life seems alright at the moment, I haven't had to charge the headset. Although another lacking aspect is that there's no sort of notification or measurement of the battery that's visible on the headset/when it's charging. According to the manual, you'll hear beeping when the headset is on 10 minutes, but besides that, there's no visual measurement.

Overall I'm happy with the headset, but would also be keen to try out one of the more expensive headsets out there to see if I can find a more comfortable/better audio quality in the future. Maybe I'll look at the razer ones when this one reaches it's time. =D

That's all for today. Happy holidays people and hope everyone is keeping cool ! Hope everyone is getting some good presents or quality family/friends time over these couple of weeks. Thanks for reading, till next time! <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment