Tuesday 11 December 2012

O-nee no Graduation

Hey there!

Today was sister's graduation. =D Congratulations! 

Sister, Mom, and Me. =D

(I don't know if you can tell, but sister is wearing huge-ass camel fake eyelashes. Yet they look normal in the pic aye?)
(By the way, is it weird if I post photos that are already on facebook? Or are pics on here supposed to be 'exclusive' to my...like one viewer. =D )




Mom =D 

But yeah. My food for thought today is Genes.

In my lifetime, I've been said to have similar qualities to various relatives on my mom's side; everything from tone of voice, mannerisms, looks, eyes, etc. etc.

So I guess my point for today is it's interesting how your genes develop the way you look and the way your relatives look. I guess I'm not the only one who has changed in appearance; i.e. my cousins have probably also changed in appearance over the years. But there are various time spans when our genes seem to sync and have people say 'Oh, you look like ____'. I don't really know how I feel about it...I think I was really proud to look similar to my cousin when I was little because she was my role model. =D And strangely enough these 'syncs' always seem to be mainly cousins from my mother's side.


So I've spent the past hour or so looking up old photos off facebook and here's what I've scavanged. xD

1. My Cousin no.1


Sister (left) Me (center), Cousin (right)


(Shiet I used to be kinda twig. LOL. And I thought I was chubby...sigh. And luls at sister's face )

But yeah, so from primary to about middle school, I loved loved loved my cousin, and I pretty much wanted to be her. Apparently we used to have really similar mannerisms, and the same (and oddly low) tone of voice. I don't know if the mannerisms were completely from genes, as I probably tried to pick up as much from her as I could (i.e. my sister would always complain that would start using similar vocabulary...she was probably jealous =D) I dunno, my auntie said that my cousin and I...swam in a similar manner? So that would be genetic, seeing as you can't really copy the way someone swims without seeing them swim.


Most recent photo of cousin and me. We don't really look similar anymore. =D Sync over.

2. My Cousin no. 2


Me (white), Cousin (pink)

This isn't the best photo, but apparently I used to look really similar to this cousin. (imagine round oval glasses on both faces). Like my other cousin mistook me for her once when we were visiting, and he thought that she was mad at him because I didn't talk to him, nor greet him when he came into the house. =D 


3.Sister sync?
One of the weird ones that I've gotten are that either I look really similar to my sister, or we look really opposite.

Viet ball earlier this year
Sister's graduation (today) 
Old Old pic (like maybe 10 years ago)
I don't know. I think we used to look more different, but now our genes are kinda reaching a more 'sync-like point. I used to view us as big eyes/small eyes and straight hair/curly hair, and skinny/muscley (me/her)
But now we're kinda similar in most facets...like she's gotten skinnier and her hair is straight...and I don't know if it's because she wears makeup and eyeliner or whatever but I swear her eyes are getting bigger or mine or getting smaller. =D

But yeah, that's all for today folks. Do you reckon that you have gene syncing with any of your relatives?


Another bonus thought is how makeup is another factor that can affect the way you look; either change or amplify. Here's an experiment I did to try to change and ===> trying to mimic HyunA =D



No comments:

Post a Comment