Sunday 10 March 2013

Picture Whore.

Visual Post. 

As a half artist, I think I notice things very visually? In art, to study an artist's technique and style, you can stare at a picture for a good 10 minutes just analysing it. Thus I think that habit might have carried on to my current self. Like if I see something that's pretty, or interesting or good looking, I can stare at it for quite a bit without getting bored. (This can be potentially dangerous when it's a person >D).

Thus I've noticed that I'm a bit of a picture hoarder, and thus I've decided to go through the random assorted stashes in my computer and pick 4 pics that I still find pretty appealing to give you a bit of insight. =D (slash I think a lot of my pics are on my HD and I can't be bothered to go plug it in and find them.

Everything from kpop to art to whatever. These are all photos I could stare at for a while.


1. Jonghyun with puppy dog eyes.  
This photo. is the freaking cutest thing ever. Jonghyun usually has these sexy half open eyes, and just...just saying, this girl must be pretty as heck. Just the way his es pop out and are so shiny and round; is such a contrast. 



2. IU just being gorgeous
I think IU was one of the first female celebrities that I thought was drop dead gorgeous. I think it wears off for awhile, but this is one of the pictures that I thought was almost flawless. Her eyes are so nicely shaped and amplified and bright. and her skin is so clean and fresh, and her hair is cute and styled, and her eyebrows are soft yet defined. Her lips are such a soft bright, yet feminine pink, and her eyes just look into you soul and melt it. =D
3. Averaged beauty amongst faces of Korea, China, and Japan respectively
This photos is a combination of the most beautiful celebrities, both male and female, of Korea, China, and Japan respectively. What I love about this photo is that if you stare at each of the faces individually, you can almost match each of them up with a personality from a drama or someone you know. And that sort of personality is almost cliche in dramas of the respective countries. 

For the females, the top left seems liksome Korean royalty, set in a wintry background; adorned in delicate jewels, or even the casual main female role in her modern home, realizing her feelings for her male counterpart.  Top middle is like your classy Chinese woman, who holds herself in a flowy traditional Chinese dress of sorts with dangling white earrings, perhaps playing some Chinese instrument or flying around in a bamboo forest. Top right has that air of your classic cute Japanese girl who has that sort of...I don't know what it's called, but when their teeth are not very straight, but very cute. when they smile. She could also have that hint of the really energetic and young Japanese school girl, or the air of a mature Japanese housewife.  
 For the males, the bottom left has those classic masculine Korean eyes, and you can see him almost falling in absolute love with the girl on top, both either as her prince, or as a business man working at his office. The bottom middle seems like your classic Chinese prince or soldier with his sword, or fighter with his hair tied up in a bun, or office worker. The bottom right seems like the classic Japanese man who is mature and protective, and has the most heartmelting smile when he sees the girl he loves. =D


4. Pocahontas cosplay.  
I know a few people find cosplay kind of strange and obsessive to a degree, but to be honest, I find a good cosplay quite admirable and beautiful. Although my shallow definition of a good cosplay wold definitely be a person who fits the body type and general face of the character they are trying to portray (which is in more cases than not, supposed to be quite slim and attractive). What I love about this particular cosplay is that this woman's body type and face shape fits exactly like the unique shape of Pocahontas, i.e. the slightly square shape with the long and elegant neck,and the full dark lips. Another thing I appreciate in a cosplay is realistic colors, because in essence, what you're trying to portray is 'if your character was real life', thus those sort of unnatural colors seem to put me off. Thus the colors in this cosplay are quite natural looking, i.e. the necklace isn't the exact same bright shade of unnatural blue as in the movie, but it is slightly toned down to a turquoise color. Oh and I also love how her skin color absolutely glows and contrasts beautifully with the dark green grass in the background. And the pose is very elegant and natural. Well photographed. You can be a babe cosplayer yet take a bad pose and have a completely different effect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment