Sunday 10 March 2013

Life's Lately no Koto


Hey readerbabes. =D 
Genki da ta?
Currently listening to: 24/7 by 2Yoon
--

So it's probably about time I've updated with some actual life pictures and things I've been up to. =D So let's go via uni weeks.

--Week 1--

Week one was pretty killer. Got back and went right into uni and catching up with people. Like the day th we touched down, we went out for lunch for my cousin in law's birthday with my cousins, and to be honest, I really didn't want to. My cousins are more of the strong opinion-ed type, and it's kind of tiring to hang around them sometimes.

But yeah, then day after was straight into uni. First lecture was the mark of the beginning of our 3 hour lectures. Pretty much for this semester, all of our lectures are 3 hour ones. One of the subjects has the potential of being 4 if the lecturer wishes to invoke the 5-7pm slot. Hopefully it'll never have to resort to that, but who knows. :O 

We went out with the UQ people for dinner to celebrate the opening of a new restaurant managed by Spam's dad on the Weds first week back.  It was pretty nice; looked really classy, although it was pretty quiet. The food was quite nice though. I got bored afterwards and made over my dish once I was full. =D 

Hainan Chicken Rice
Hainan Chicken Rice version 2.0 =D
Mom's bday was on Friday so we celebrated by going out for lunch at a new Japanese restaurant. To be honest, the food was kind of average even though the restaurant looked very classy. The oysters seemed over fried, and the fish seemed unfresh. We had a nice time just the 3 of us cam-whoring (yay for auto timer). I think my mom really enjoyed it because she doesn't really go out as much.

The awesome aussie trio
Fried oysters...really? :( 
 I ordered a teriyaki chicken. The presentation of the food was nice, but it's the little details that were lacking...but not the sort of tolerable lacking? Like unfresh fish, burnt things, isn't that nice, and is quite memorable.
Oh, it was also interesting how they had those hot pot fish balls and fried tofu cubes as one of their side dishes (bottom left in the picture below)

Teriyaki chicken and side dishes
Happy Mom!
 Then afterwards we chilled at home, and we brought out the awesome ice cream taro cake we bought from Breadtop. I was really impressed. Usually Breadtop's cakes aren't amazing; they have really nice cream, but the cake portion tastes like slightly dry cake or slightly heavy white bread. However, for their new range of ice cream cakes, I have to say the presentation was impressive. They had chocolate swirls on the side, frozen strawberries, and a really well written Happy Birthday Mom in mandarin as well as English.

Ice Cream Taro Cake
The layers from out to in consisted of taro cream, taro cake, and taro ice cream. Mom really liked the ice cream because she kept going on about how nice it was; which it was nice and not too sweet, though I actually was on cooldown from taro so I thought it was alright. But overall it was good, and I'm keen on trying the other ice cream cake flavors (like matcha green tea !!) 

Taro ice cream cake
Then later that night, I had my late birthday dinner thing for uni. It was kind of awkward because a lot of people cancelled, but the good thing was that some other people happened to be in city and filled in the seats (so it didn't look like we were obnoxious and hogging seats that weren't being used). It was nice hanging out with everyone again, and one of the friends made cupcakes for a bday cake thing and it was pretty nice. We went to Little Singapore...again ~~(:


Optom peps! Lil siiiis =D 
Yay for nice people making cake :D 

My friend try to be classy. Always.
Oh and I had a date and Whale made me salmon. :) It was goood.

Whalefood. 

---Week 2--

Week 2 was...pretty much trying to stay on top of things so that I didn't die as much as I did in week 1. Uni is pretty full on, and spending time on other things detract from uni, which puts more pressure on finishing things. And even though I have Friday off, it means that everything is due Monday-Thursday. Thus Friday is now a healing day, because usually by Thursday night, I am pooped as. 

Yesterday we had a big group cooking event thing. When I was overseas, I think it became kind of a tradition? Although I don't know if I approve of not sharing the costs of things for each day (atm it's rotational, so it's implied that you will contribute sooner or later)Although atm I don't really have a job so I can't really complain to my inner Asian atm.

The hangout was rather big. I don't know if I like hanging out in such a big group all the time to be honest, because it's just really loud and takes up a lot of energy. xD I think my favorite group hangouts are just a few close friends. Although a group hangout does have it's own diversity and entertainment. 
 
Preparing wontons
Playing games

'Iron chef' of the night
 After cooking and voting, we played some logo game for a few hours, and then had jelly and ice cream for dessert. Then everyone went home.

Aaaand today...went to study and then am back home and I should be studying but instead I'm blogging! And not only am I just blogging one entry, but I've blogged a few entries this weekend instead of studying! Probably going to regret it during the week....but oh well. Hey at least I started my schoolwork today that's due Tuesday and Thursday so I'm not at a complete negative productivity today. =D

Anyway sleep time! Till next post readaaahs~~

Nom!

No comments:

Post a Comment