Thursday 4 April 2013

Group Socialization and Ambition Rant.

Just a question to all you out there.

Why is it that I feel like I'm the only one who really values group socialization over...a double or triple date per say?

Like...what has been bugging me for the past...what is it now, 3 years? (Well pretty much since ever since my friend groups/ friends have all gotten hitched...) is that...what used to be a really social group usually becomes undermined by all the freaking couples.

Like not to get me wrong. There's nothing wrong with a boyfriend or girlfriend, or dedicating yourself to another person. The definition of dedicate is broad I suppose, as I've seen things from extreme to...are they actually going out?

But in reality, I don't think a social group or space is really the time and place to be all romantic with your other half. Like fair enough, if you two have the odd moment or two because you are close, but when you're in a group, you want to interact WITH THE GROUP. Isn't it? Like the strength of a strongly socially bonded group is the diversity in opinions and support...pretty much how a lot of people with things in common and interact and share those things, rather than the lots of things in common you share with your other half.

However...I feel like I always have to push this point. Like if I'm one on one with another person on a date or whatever, of course I'd act different...because I want to direct all those feelings to THEM, because they are for THEM. But in a social group, you have judging  peers, you have peers that get uncomfortable with such...er demonstrations, and if you're only focused on one person when you're in a group, you're missing out on what other people have to offer. In my opinion, even like...holding another person's hand in public, you're pretty much making an obvious physical statement to separate yourself from the group, and focus your attention to the one person you are holding hands with. Sure you are showing dedication, but to other people, it looks like a boundary against them, no? (Although this applies to social conversation, not really just walking I suppose...? I DUNNO. A lot of nice conversations are held when people are just walking)

Pee dee aye. 

But on the other hand, it does not mean you should ignore your other half completely, or not prioritize things that need to be prioritized. (i.e. the order of distribution, although small, can have big implications)

So I guess my question is...am I just stupid or something in this way of thinking? I don't think I've ever had anyone see this point of view. So I don't know if it's unique, or wrong.

Then again, I feel like sometimes I overvalue things. Or undervalue other things.
That reverse psychology.

Zzzz.

--

Also, ambitions...to find someone who shares the same passion for your greatest ambitions is difficult. Like if you do, you have no idea how lucky you are.

 "If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together. "

Like even moral support..even if it sounds silly, it actually goes a long way. Maybe one day.

--

Oh on the plus side, today we went to Korean BBQ and the owner was pretty awesome. He managed to demonstrate his chivalry, his dedication to his customers and other cultures, his friendliness, and his social liveliness in less than 10 minutes of interacting with him. So cool. :)

Oh and Sungha Jung...you actually just read my soul sometimes. < 3
EDIT: So I listened to the actual song just then....NOT THAT EMO. lol .xD But it's a lovely cover. :)

Back to uni soon...work work work. Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment